5. Recently I've been getting into cosplay. It's a pretty intensive... genre? tasking me to combine skills from so many different areas to create one big mess of awesome. Of course my favorite part is messing around with friends!
4. I'm not very confident in my photography and photo editing skills, so I wanted to feature this deviation 'cause I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Plus, this moment was just as magical as the picture makes it... I love close encounters with nature, and this one was particularly unique.
3. My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was little. I wasn't very good at it, so I didn't get into actually making anything until very recently. Stormfly here is my first freehand amigurumi, and I'm incredibly happy with how she turned out. I'm also a huge fan of the How To Train Your Dragon movies!
2. #tbt (it is conveniently actually Thursday for once! I usually use that acronym ironically).
This piece of artwork was used as a part of our application that got a group of us into the TEDYouth (official, not TEDxYouth!) conference two years ago in NYC. It was a truly inspiring experience, and this piece represents the variety of interests my friends and I have, and how we collaborate with them to make amazing things. Curiosity and innovation are what drive us to move forward and learn and discover and create amazing things.
1. the stars in her eyes. This painting is me. Done with acrylic paints, which, in terms of artistic mediums, feels like home to me. It's a reminder that "we are star stuff," we are made of the ashes of cosmic explosions and we are inherently fascinating and wonderful and interesting and we have all the potential in the universe. It's a reminder for me to keep looking, and that I will find worlds to explore within myself and others. It's a reminder to keep showing these wonders to the world in my art.